Autumn has absolutely flown by; the clocks have turned back, the evenings are getting colder, and our Winter woollies have been dug out of the wardrobe. Winter is well and truly upon us and it is now time to start planning for the holidays.
This seasonal change has got us thinking about Winter themed events. As experts in venue styling, we stay on top of the latest styles and trends in event decoration. So, here are some Winter wedding ideas to show you how you can be inspired by the Winter season and create the perfect Winter wonderland table and centrepiece décor at your event.
Getting your table decoration right is very important, as this is where your guests will spend a large portion of their night and dine, drink, listen to speeches and chat with friends and family. You can use table decoration to tie the whole event together and bring it in line with your event theme.
- First, choose a Winter colour palette and stick to it! Perhaps use colours such as silvers and blues for the ultimate sophisticated and elegant table decoration.
- Loose the flowers and instead opt for cool, crisp decorations. Take some inspiration from the outdoors, incorporating foliage for a more earthy feel. Our decorative trees are perfect for an enchanted forest look at a December event; chose from a variety of options, including illuminated blossom trees, silk blossom trees and tall manzanita trees.
- Think about using cooler coloured bulbs, in ice white and light blue, to give you venue a frosty feel. Our advice would be to add warmth with candelabras and tea lights, mix and match these for an eclectic look. This will give your venue some ambience and will look especially magical when the lights turn down in the evening! A starlight backdrop will also give your venue a charming, fairytale-like look.
- Situating seasonal scented candles on your tables is a lovely way to subtly nod to your Winter theme and create a calming environment for your guests to relax in.
- You can’t have a Winter event without incorporating snowflakes into your decoration! So, why not chose a fabric with snowflakes to decorate your chairs with or opt for a wintery table runner?
Remember to be consistent and carry your Winter themed table decoration throughout your venue styling to create consistency.
We know first-hand that there are so many elements of venue dressing, including centrepieces, lighting and chair covers – to name a handful. We can help you to organise all of your décor, carefully considering every aspect and ensuring that the finish look is everything you wished for and more.
We hope that this blog has given you some inspiration for how to adorn your December event, whether it be a wedding, party or corporate event. For more information please get in touch with The Venue Stylist, professional venue styling service, on 0800 830 3000 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.